SLPM Rental Application Instructions
We look forward to helping you find the perfect San Francisco Eastbay home for you and your family. Please take a moment to review the items below to understand what is needed to complete your rental application.
To begin the application process, you must select a property you wish to apply for. SLPM does not accept rental applications for those looking to see if they qualify in general. Your rental application must be tied to a specific SLPM managed property that is currently available for rent. You will find our current list of Oakland and SF Eastbay rental properties here. Once you have found the property you wish to apply for, click the APPLY NOW button located on your selected property’s description page.
All applications require a processing fee to be submitted prior to final submission. Applications without fee payment will not be processed. You will have an opportunity to pay the application processing fee online as the final step before submitting your rental application. Please note: Rental application fees are NOT refundable, regardless of whether or not your application has been approved or declined.
Important: Everyone over the age of 18 years, who will occupy the property, must fill out a rental application. Applications will not be processed until all applications from all adult occupants are received.
All verifiable income pursuant to California Senate Bill No. 329 is accepted.
Household Income must be 3 times the rent and this income must be verifiable and continuous. We do not accept temporary income as verifiable income i.e child support, worker’s comp, temporary housing assistance etc. You will be required to secure a guarantor if you are not able to provide documentation of permanent income. (See individual unit to see if a reduced initial qualifying standard applies)
Minimum Applicant Requirements
• No unlawful detainer actions or evictions on credit report.
• 2 years of employment in the same field or company – guarantor required if not able to provide
• 3 years of positive verifiable rental history – guarantor required if not able to provide
• You may not have any collections to previous landlords of an amount of $300 or greater.
• Combined weighed credit score of 670+. (See individual unit to see if a reduced initial qualifying standard applies)
• You may not have any tax liens in excess of $1800 on your credit report
• If applicable, Section 8 voucher bedroom count must match the bedroom count of the unit being applied for.
• If applicable, the guarantor must make 4 times the rent and have acceptable credit.
If you are unable to meet all of our minimum requirements and do not provide a Guarantor, the application will be denied.
Minimum Documentation Requirements
• Everyone over 18 years old has to fill out an application. Applications will not be processed until all applications from all adult occupants are received
• Copies of your ID; Application cannot be completed until received
• 2 most recent paychecks stubs
• 3 years of verifiable rental history is required. If you’re unable to provide the 3 years of verifiable rental history we require a guarantor.
• If you are self-employed, last two (2) year’s tax return and 6 months of bank statements
• Completely fill out application. Place N/A where it does not apply
We find often times landlords or employers are not responsive or cooperative; providing the following will better help us expedite the process:
• W-2 Form from employers
• Cancelled rent checks or ledger from previous landlord
• Copy of your current lease and/or utility bills
• Move-out Inspection or deposit assessment from previous landlord
• Section 8 Inspections if applicable
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE IS PAID AT THE END OF APPLICATION. OFFLINE APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED AND FEES PAID AT OUR SAN LEANDRO OFFICE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE FULL APPLICATION FEE HAS BEEN RECEIVED. APPLICATION FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
Any dates published or given orally for a property’s move in availability is subject to the existing tenant moving on the notified date. The date is also subject to time required to prepare the unit for occupancy, which involves owner approval and having an acceptable vendor available to complete the repairs. Once we have received a holding deposit, we will be able to provide a more accurate time line for move-in.